DESKTOP & HARDWARE SUPPORT - LA
LOS ANGELES, CA
Seeking a challenge where you will do the best work of your career?
"FOLLOW" us on LinkedIn for job board updates.
DESKTOP & HARDWARE SUPPORT - JR
The Desktop & Hardware Support reports to the Head of IT for our Vancouver and Los Angeles studio locations. This role involves providing day to day technical support in our Los Angeles studio and our remote datacenter in Los Angeles. Responsibilities include desktop support tasks, as well as working with our remote Vancouver team to diagnose hardware problems. As Desktop & Hardware Support, expect to work with all studio levels/departments in a fast paced environment.
- Provide IT support to the LA and Vancouver studios
- Install new hardware and maintain existing workstations and servers
- Collaborate with local and remote team members to escalate and resolve problems
- Collaborate with IT and pipeline team to resolve cross-department technical problems
- 1+ years Linux/Windows/Mac desktop or server experience
- Experience building and repairing computer hardware
- Experience with basic network configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Python, bash, Powershell) (preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Resourceful and proactive in gathering information, making a decision and taking action
- Able to manage own workload
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment including remote members of the team
HOW TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION STAND OUT
- APPLY ONLY ONCE.
We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes or unless you're applying for a different position.
- ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL
We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file. That way you're not lost in the system.
- Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
- Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself and what makes you the ideal candidate.
- Reel Breakdown - demonstrates what you did on each shot and the tools used - Go ahead! Show off your talent/skills here.