LAYOUT - VAN
Follow us on LinkedIn for job board updates.
Reporting to the Layout Supervisor, the Layout artist is responsible for recreating camera movements for integration of 3D elements in sequences for live action feature film (and/or tv) partnering with the Animation and Modeling departments to deliver accurate camera animation.
- Recreates the sets, objects and camera motion of shots in 3D software environment to match the live-action background plate images
- Create proxy props and other models based on supplied set data and/or other available survey information
- Include proof of scale in virtual layout set up
- Matchmove objects/characters to match the action in the live action plates
- Render track/ match move over supplied plates for approval
- Undistort/distort plates
- Debug technical problems and escalate issues as needed.
- Duties and tasks as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience is an asset
- BA or Diploma in the field of Arts, Film, Animation, etc. (preferred)
- 3-5+ years VFX Layout experience (required)
- Solid animation grounding (preferred CG feature film animation - FX or Character)
- Demonstrated skill of camera animation work laying out shots, staging, etc. (using film cameras or on-set experience)
- Life Drawing skills and knowledge of human/animal anatomy (preferred)
- Background or experience in traditional Fine Arts - demonstrating thorough understanding of physical motion, weight, balance
- Passion for film and a love of film making is paramount
- Intermediate - Advanced: Maya, Photoshop, Nuke, Vray, Zbrush (required)
- Shotgun, (preferred)
- Demonstrated experience with "realism" modeling, lighting, texture, effect, composting and animation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, team player with great attitude
- Close attention to detail; ability to QA own work, take direction and apply notes from Supervisors
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision; strong trouble shooting/problem solving ability
HOW TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION STAND OUT
- APPLY ONLY ONCE.
We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes or unless you're applying for a different position.
- ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL
We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file. That way you're not lost in the system.
- Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
- Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself and what makes you the ideal candidate.
- Reel Breakdown - demonstrates what you did on each shot and the tools used - Go ahead! Show off your talent/skills here.