ANIMATOR - VAN
"FOLLOW" us on LinkedIn for job board updates.
Reporting to the Animation Supervisor, the Animator is responsible for expediting high quality character/creature/object animation for feature films.
- Work under the direction of the Animation Supervisors and Animation Director to create high quality animation
- Be accountable for incorporating a high level of quality in each scene
- Work with other animators and supervisors to identify and solve problems, both technically and artistically
- Liaising with other production team members to ensure production deadlines are met
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience is an asset
- Degree and/or Diploma in Animation or related field (preferred)
- Minimum of 4+ years VFX production experience with Live-Action “realism” (preferred)
- Knowledge of Maya (required) Nuke, 3Ds Max, Photoshop, zbrush (preferred)
- Must have a strong sense of animation basics, acting, staging, posing, weight, timing and storytelling, as well as staying on model
- Strong understanding the language of the camera; framing, perspective, lenses, coverage, continuity, camera movement, blocking, etc.
- Possess a strong understanding of the principles of animation
- Solid animation grounding, preferably action oriented; previs experience a plus
- Solid camera animation work (laying out shots, staging, using film cameras or on-set experience)
- A good attitude and ability to smoothly change and adapt with the project
- Background or experience in fine arts, which shows a thorough understanding of physical motion, weight, and balance
- Knowledge of human and animal anatomy as well as life drawing skills is desirable
- Ability to debug technical problems and follow up for assistance if required
HOW TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION STAND OUT
- APPLY ONLY ONCE. We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes or unless you're applying for a different position.
- ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL. We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file. That way you're not lost in the system.
- Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
- Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself and what makes you the ideal candidate.
- Reel Breakdown - demonstrates what you did on each shot and the tools used - Go ahead! Show off your talent/skills here.