VFX COORDINATOR - VAN
Celebrating over 25 years in the industry, Scanline VFX specializes in creating complex visual effects for high end, block buster feature films with studios worldwide: Vancouver, Los Angeles, Munich, and Stuttgart. Founded in Germany, the company expanded to Los Angeles in 2007 and opened the largest studio in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia in 2011. In 2015 it won the Emmy for Outstanding Visual Effects for their work on Game of Thrones. Scanline VFX has received multiple Academy Award Nominations for Best Achievement in Visual Effects: 2014 for Iron Man 3 and in 2010 for its work on director Clint Eastwoods Hereafter. We are also well known for our proprietary, in-house fluid effects software Flowline, for which it received a 2008 Scientific and Technical Achievement Academy Award.
Today, it is one of the biggest names in the industry and the go-to studio for creating epic, breathtaking cinematic moments. Current productions include: Justice League: Part 2, Meg, Black Panther, Tomb Raider, Aquaman, and several other projects to be announced soon.
Recent projects include Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2, King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, Power Rangers, The Promise, Batman vs Superman: Independence Day Resurgence, Ben Hur, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, Dawn of Justice, Game of Thrones, Furious 7, San Andreas, The 5th Wave, Point Break, Hateful 8, and In the Heart of the Sea. Past films include Exodus, The Hunger Games Mockingjay, 300: Rise of an Empire, Captain America: Winter Soldier, White House Down, Godzilla, The Wolf of Wall Street, Snowpiercer, Journey 2, Blackhat, Man of Steel, Iron Man 3, Looper, Cloud Atlas, A Good Day to Die Hard, The Amazing Spiderman, Divergent, Pompeii, Iron Man 3, Into the Storm, The Avengers, Battleship, The Invasion, Poseidon, Immortals, Super 8, 2012, Hereafter, 300, Poseidon, and The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian.
Scanline VFX offers a leading edge creative, collaborative team environment working with brilliant talent from around the globe. Located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, BC the studio is steps from transit, the best in the city's trendy Yaletown dining and Robson high street shopping. On site amenities include a lounge/nightclub with big screen projector tv, pool table and foosball tables, over-sized patios and rooftop deck kitchen & BBQ areas, secure bicycle storage, massage chairs, showers and lockers. Experience fun team events, parties, sporting activities, local business discounts and much more.
Seeking a challenge where you will do the best work of your career?
"FOLLOW" us on linkedin for job board updates.
Under the guidance of the Supervising Producer or Digital Production Manager; works with producers and artists to ensure shots are being tracked and delivered according to established targets and milestones. This position coordinates our cross-functional production teams and requires effective project management skills. We look for clear communicators that demonstrate a high level organization and possesses a very proactive / positive attitude.
- Scheduling, prioritizing and tracking internal technical assignments and project details.
- Organize dailies, rounds and project meetings; organize and setup rooms/media for
- Ensure Shotgun (project management tool) statuses and task assignments are kept up to date.
- Coordinate and package shot deliveries including submission documentation.
- Ensure teams are clear on daily delivery objectives; calendar management.
- Record all shot notes whether from clients, dailies, and rounds.
- Ensuring effective communication and continual team updates.
- Coordinating and monitoring multiple projects effectively.
- Ensuring project scope, status and completion information up to date (Shotgun).
- Documenting decisions and requests, and ensuring items are tracked and managed appropriately.
- Communicate any schedule changes to appropriate stakeholders; escalates to Supervisor/Producers as needed.
- Monitoring and controlling progress, issues and preparing reports.
- Ensuring work is being approved and completed on time and to specification.
- Establishing quality control and project closure processes.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience within the VFX or film production industry.
- Highly organized with excellent scheduling and task management skills.
- Demonstrated project management experience with the ability to problem solve effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Conversant with visual effects terminologies and processes.
- Ability to liaise and collaborate with clients, artists and producers.
- Understanding of visual effects processes including asset development, layout, matte painting, animation, fx, lighting and compositing is considered an asset.
- Working experience with Shotgun (project software) is considered an asset.
- Intermediate-Advanced knowledge of MS Office package (including word, excel)
- Understanding knowledge of Linux, Nuke and other 2D/3D packages are considered assets.
- Additional functions or requirements may be assigned by management as deemed appropriate.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION STAND OUT
- APPLY ONLY ONCE.
We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes or unless you're applying for a different position.
- ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL
We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file. That way you're not lost in the system.
- Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
- Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself and what makes you the ideal candidate.