VFX COORDINATOR - VAN
FOLLOW us on LinkedIn for job board updates.
Under the guidance of the Supervising Producer or Digital Production Manager, the VFX Coordinator works with producers and artists to ensure shots are being tracked and delivered according to established targets and milestones. This position coordinates our cross-functional production teams and requires effective project management skills. We look for clear communicators that demonstrate a high level of organization and possess a very proactive and positive attitude.
- Scheduling, prioritizing and tracking internal technical assignments and project details
- Organize dailies, rounds and project meetings; organize and setup rooms/media
- Ensure Shotgun (project management software) statuses and task assignments are kept up to date
- Coordinate and package shot deliveries including submission documentation
- Ensure teams are clear on daily delivery objectives; calendar management
- record all shot notes whether from clients, dailies and/or rounds
- Ensure effective communication and continual team updates
- Coordinating and monitoring multiple projects effectively
- Ensuring project scope, statues and completion information is up to date in Shotgun
- Document decisions and requests; ensuring items are tracked and managed appropriately
- Communicate any schedule changes to appropriate stakeholders; escalates to Supervisors/Producers as needed
- Monitoring and controlling progress, issues and preparing reports
- Ensuring work is being approved and completed on time and to specifications
- Establishing quality control and project closures processes
- Additional functions or requirements may be assigned by management as deemed appropriate
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Minimum of 2 - 5 years experience within the VFX or film production industry
- Highly organized with excellent scheduling and task management skills
- Demonstrated project management experience with the ability to problem solve effectively in a fast paced environment
- Conversant with visual effects terminologies and processes
- Ability to liaise and collaborate with clients, artists and procuders
- Understanding of visual effects processes; asset development, layout, matte painting, animation, FX, lighting and compositing (bonus)
- Working experience with Shotgun (project management software) is considered an asset
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of MS Office package (Word & Excel)
- Understanding knowledge of Linux, Nuke and other 2D/3D packages is considered an asset
HOW TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION STAND OUT
- APPLY ONLY ONCE.
We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes or unless you're applying for a different position.
- ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL
We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file. That way you're not lost in the system.
- Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
- Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself and what makes you the ideal candidate.
- Reel Breakdown - demonstrates what you did on each shot and the tools used - Go ahead! Show off your talent/skills here.