VFX PRODUCER - VAN/LA
VANCOUVER / LA
Celebrating over 25 years in the industry, Scanline VFX specializes in creating complex visual effects for high end, block buster feature films with studios worldwide: Vancouver, Los Angeles, Munich, and Stuttgart. Founded in Germany, the company expanded to Los Angeles in 2007 and opened the largest studio in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia in 2011. In 2015 it won the Emmy for Outstanding Visual Effects for their work on Game of Thrones. Scanline VFX has received multiple Academy Award Nominations for Best Achievement in Visual Effects: 2014 for Iron Man 3 and in 2010 for its work on director Clint Eastwoods Hereafter. We are also well known for our proprietary, in-house fluid effects software Flowline, for which it received a 2008 Scientific and Technical Achievement Academy Award.
Today, it is one of the biggest names in the industry and the go-to studio for creating epic, breathtaking cinematic moments. Current productions include: Justice League: Part 2, Meg, Black Panther, Tomb Raider, Aquaman, and several other projects to be announced soon.
Recent projects include Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2, King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, Power Rangers, The Promise, Batman vs Superman: Independence Day Resurgence, Ben Hur, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, Dawn of Justice, Game of Thrones, Furious 7, San Andreas, The 5th Wave, Point Break, Hateful 8, and In the Heart of the Sea. Past films include Exodus, The Hunger Games Mockingjay, 300: Rise of an Empire, Captain America: Winter Soldier, White House Down, Godzilla, The Wolf of Wall Street, Snowpiercer, Journey 2, Blackhat, Man of Steel, Iron Man 3, Looper, Cloud Atlas, A Good Day to Die Hard, The Amazing Spiderman, Divergent, Pompeii, Iron Man 3, Into the Storm, The Avengers, Battleship, The Invasion, Poseidon, Immortals, Super 8, 2012, Hereafter, 300, Poseidon, and The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian.
Scanline VFX offers a leading edge creative, collaborative team environment working with brilliant talent from around the globe. Located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, BC the studio is steps from transit, the best in the city's trendy Yaletown dining and Robson high street shopping. On site amenities include a lounge/nightclub with big screen projector tv, pool table and foosball tables, over-sized patios and rooftop deck kitchen & BBQ areas, secure bicycle storage, massage chairs, showers and lockers. Experience fun team events, parties, sporting activities, local business discounts and much more.
Seeking a challenge where you will do the best work of your career?
"FOLLOW" us on linkedin for job board updates.
This role could be based in Vancouver and for the right candidate, willing to work at both studios as need. The VFX Producer reports to the President, Vice President and Executive Producer. He/she is responsible for constructing the overall show schedule, ensuring the Production Supervision staff is meeting the schedule, and watching over the day-to-day operations of the show within the facility. He/she is responsible for ensuring clear communication to the client and the production team, and that the production delivers on time and within the budget. Along with the VFX Supervisor, he/she is responsible for artistic cohesion with the client.
- In tandem with the Digital Production Manager constructs the initial High Level schedule of deliverable milestones and dates.
- Works with the supervisory team to assess the original scope of work and all creative iterative changes from a time, schedule and budget perspective.
- In tandem with the Digital Production Manager, helps determine show crewing and scheduling.
- Manages day-to-day operations of the show within the facility, including watching over the DPM, coordinators and members of the Production Staff.
- Manages the overall timely information flow within the show and between the show and facility.
- Works in tandem with the VFX, CG and Compositing Supervisors to foster the partnership betweenthe creative and production arms of the Production Supervision crew.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- 5 Years’ experience on major feature films
- Experience on a large (500+ shots) multi-vendor production
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Shotgun, or other production management software experience, not required, but definitely preferred.
- Outsource experience not required, but definitely preferred
HOW TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION STAND OUT
- APPLY ONLY ONCE.
We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes.
- ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL
We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file.
- Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
- Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself and what makes you the ideal candidate.