GENERALIST - VAN
Follow us on LinkedIn for job board updates.
Reporting to the VFX Generalist Supervisor, the 3D Generalist displays a high proficiency in varied skills across areas of REALISM lighting, modelling texture, shading, look development, hard surface animation, rendering with the ability to composite their own work. As a seasoned VFX professional working on feature films the Generalist is able to break down complex VFX shot work for workflow/schedules and support mentoring/training of others.
- Ability to execute a broad range of VFX tasks including look development, lighting objects, modeling, texturing, animation and rendering
- Experience with 3dsMax software preferred, but will also consider Maya Generalist with a willingness to learn 3dsMax
- Basic understanding of Max Scripting
- Must be able to work under the guidance of a CG Supervisor or VFX Supervisor to achieve desired level of aesthetic quality and technical accuracy
- Proven development skills
- Strong sense of compositions, light and color
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience is an asset
- Working knowledge the following software: V-Ray, Thinking Particles, Maya, 3DSMax
- Solid knowledge of principles of 3D
- Some working experience and knowledge of shader writing, and lighting
- Experience compositing a plus
- At least 5+ years live action visual effects experience
- Possess strong technical skills and ability to learn new software quickly
- Must have the ability to problem solve and predict potential problems with assigned VFX Tasks
- Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines
HOW TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION STAND OUT
- APPLY ONLY ONCE.
We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes or unless you're applying for a different position.
- ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL
We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file. That way you're not lost in the system.
- Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
- Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself and what makes you the ideal candidate.
- Reel Breakdown - demonstrates what you did on each shot and the tools used - Go ahead! Show off your talent/skills here.