SHOTGUN SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Celebrating over 25 years in the industry, Scanline VFX specializes in creating complex effects for high end, block buster feature films, television, and commercials. Founded in Germany, the company expanded to Los Angeles in 2007 and opened the largest studio in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia in 2011. The studio’s proprietary in-house fluid effects software, Flowline, received a 2008 Scientific & Technical Achievement Academy Award and has since picked up Emmy winning projects and additional Academy nominations. Today, Scanline VFX is one of the biggest names in the industry and the go-to studio for creating epic, breathtaking cinematic moments including; Batman vs Superman, The 5th Wave, and San Andreas.
Scanline VFX offers a leading edge creative, collaborative team environment working with brilliant talent from around the globe. Located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, BC the studio is steps from transit, the best in the city’s trendy Yaletown dining and Robson high street shopping. On site amenities include a lounge/nightclub with big screen projector tv, pool table and foosball tables, over-sized patios and rooftop deck kitchen & BBQ areas, secure bicycle storage, massage chairs, showers and lockers. Experience fun team events, parties, sporting activities, local business discounts and much more.
Seeking a challenge where you will do the best work of your career? "FOLLOW" us on linkedin for job board updates.
Shotgun Software Developer
- Architect, develop and maintain the integration of Shotgun in our production pipeline using Python
- Connecting Shotgun to our asset management system
- Experience with integration of Shotgun and its packages like Toolkit and ScreeningRoom in an existing production workflow(!)
- RV and Nuke
- 3ds Max and Maya is a plus
- Python and C++
- HTML and PHP is a big plus
- MaxScript is a plus
- Understanding of production workflow, project management and scheduling
- Knowledge of relational database design and implementation
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- 3+ years VFX Pipeline experience required
- Experience automating complex processes of scenes that consist of a large number of VFX assets.
- Production experience with computer graphics application software: 3Ds Max and/or Maya
- VFX development production experience with a deep understanding of pipeline based workflows from start to finish including but not limited to production and delivery deadlines.
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related study required
- Excellence in problem solving
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
- Ability to handle high stress environments
- Must be able to work well with a wide range of personality types
- Linux experience
- Qt, PyQt knowledge
- Development experience with digital media formats, media viewers and media architectures as related to the computer animation and/or visual effects production.
- Familiarity with any other computer graphics related software not listed above
- Understanding and experience with client-server and other multi-tiered system environments.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION STAND OUT
- APPLY ONLY ONCE.
We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes or unless you're applying for a different position.
- ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL
We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file. That way you're not lost in the system.
- Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
- Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself and what makes you the ideal candidate.
- Reel Breakdown - demonstrates what you did on each shot and the tools used - Go ahead! Show off your talent/skills here.