SHOTGUN SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Follow us on LinkedIn for job board updates.
SHOTGUN SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- Architect, develop and maintain the integration of Shotgun in our production pipeline using Python
- Connecting Shotgun to our asset management system
- Experience with integration of Shotgun and its packages like Toolkit and Screening Room in an existing production workflow
- Software: RV and Nuke
- 3ds Max and Maya is a plus
- Languages: Python and C++
- HTML and PHP is a big plus
- MaxScript is a plus
- Requirements: Understanding of production workflow, project management and scheduling
- Knowledge of relational database design and implementation
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience is an asset
- 3+ years VFX Pipeline experience (required)
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related study (required)
- Experience automating complex processes of scenes that consist of a large number of VFX assets
- Production experience with computer graphics application software: 3Ds Max and/or Maya
- VFX development production experience with a deep understanding of pipeline based workflows from start to finish, including but not limited to production and delivery deadlines
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner
- Ability to handle high stress environments
- Must be able to work well with a wide range of personality types
- Linux experience
- Qt, PyQt knowledge
- Development experience with digital media formats, media viewers and media architectures as related to the computer animation and/or visual effects production
- Familiarity with any other computer graphics related software not listed above
- Understanding and experience with client-server and other multi-tiered system environments
HOW TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION STAND OUT
- APPLY ONLY ONCE.
We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes or unless you're applying for a different position.
- ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL
We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file. That way you're not lost in the system.
- Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
- Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself and what makes you the ideal candidate.
- Reel Breakdown - demonstrates what you did on each shot and the tools used - Go ahead! Show off your talent/skills here.