MATCHMOVE ARTIST - VAN
Scanline VFX Vancouver offers a leading edge creative, collaborative team environment working with brilliant talent from around the globe. Located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, BC the studio is steps from transit, the best in the city's trendy Yaletown dining and Robson high street shopping. On site amenities include a lounge/nightclub with big screen projector tv, pool table and foosball tables, over-sized patios and rooftop deck kitchen & BBQ areas, secure bicycle storage, massage chairs, showers and lockers. Experience fun team events, parties, sporting activities, local business discounts and much more.
Seeking a challenge where you will do the best work of your career?
"FOLLOW" us on linkedin for job board updates.
A Matchmove Artist is responsible for delivering high quality character roto-animation for feature films. They would be working closely alongside Matchmove Artists and Animators to create animation that matches the movement & silhouette of the selected character on the film backplate and that also moves realistically in 3D space. Successful applicants should have the ability to work well as part of a team and be capable of delivering work to meet deadlines.
- To roto-animate a variety of characters to match the film backplates for various film projects and maintain consistent shot quality
- Work closely with Roto Animation Supervisor / Leads to create convincing performances and motion of characters and objects in both screen and 3D space within the animation package for the addition of CG effects
- To be able to follow direction and take ownership of your tasks
- To be able to confidently flag when there are issues and lack of clarity of your tasks informing relevant supervisors and production managers
- Do their best to stay positive and accept direction changes in an intense production environment
- To be conscious of continuity between scenes when working with other Roto Animation Artists on the same character / rig
- Organize their time, collaborate, and effectively communicate with their supervisors and team mates
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Similar role with 1+ years within feature films.
- Knowledge of 3D animation toolsets – Intermediate - knowledge of Maya required
- The candidate must thrive in a team environment and enjoy working with other artists
- Candidates should demonstrate a good eye for detail and precision with strong problem-solving skills
- Able to deliver results to a high standard with the aid and direction of the Roto Animation Leads / Supervisors
- Ability to be adaptable and accepting of changes in a production schedule
- An understanding of the computer graphics production process and other departments/disciplines needs and requirements
- Aware of project schedules and capable of delivering work to deadlines
- An understanding of animation principles and work methods
- Good communication skills both technically and creatively
- Animation/drawing/sculpting skills a plus
HOW TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION STAND OUT
- APPLY ONLY ONCE.
We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes or unless you're applying for a different position.
- ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL
We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file. That way you're not lost in the system.
- Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
- Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself and what makes you the ideal candidate.
- Reel Breakdown - demonstrates what you did on each shot and the tools used - Go ahead! Show off your talent/skills here.