RIGGING PIPELINE TD - VAN
FOLLOW us on LinkedIn for job board updates.
RIGGING PIPELINE TD
Reporting to Rigging and Pipeline Leadership, the Rigging Pipeline TD designs, builds, and maintains in-house rigging and pipeline tools. They are an active Rigging team member, supporting artist/production teams across studio projects including characters, vehicles, environment and other various assets. Demonstrated Intermediate skill level and up with; Maya, Python, and QT.
- Works daily with Pipeline Management team to identify and implement existing and new features
- Attends daily scrum meetings
- Designs and builds QT UI toolsets to augment the existing rigging pipeline
- Works with production team to create the desired animation tools and workflows
- Attends production meetings as need for information and requirements gathering
- Writes Technical Briefs and provide supporting documentation
- Identifies early areas of improvement; escalate issues as needed
- Various tasks assigned as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- 2+ years’ experience in VFX, Gaming, or similar development environment
- Good understanding of rigging for VFX
- Solid knowledge of software design
- Maya, Python, QT (required)
- C++, Maya API, Shotgun, 3DsMax, Nuke (plus)
- BA Computer Science, Math, or similar discipline (plus)
- Experience delivering complete milestones/tasks under tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Eye for detail, initiative, and excellent organizational skills
- Team player who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong trouble shooting/problem solving ability
HOW TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION STAND OUT
- APPLY ONLY ONCE.
We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes or unless you're applying for a different position.
- ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL
We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file. That way you're not lost in the system.
- Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
- Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself, why you are applying for this position and what makes you the ideal candidate.
- Reel Breakdown - demonstrates what you did on each shot and the tools used - Go ahead! Show off your talent/skills here.