CLOTH/HAIR TD - VAN
Follow us on LinkedIn for job board updates.
Reporting to the Cloth/Hair leadership, the Cloth/Hair TD designs, builds and maintains in-house artist tools, UI and dynamic rigs. As a dotted line partner with the Studio pipeline team, the Cloth/Hair TD supports artist/production teams across studio projects, with a specialization supporting the Cloth/Hair department. Must have demonstrated intermediate and higher skill level with Python, Mel Script and a strong understanding of Maya.
- Create artist tools and UI for the Cloth/Hair Department; Mesh Deformation and Curve Deformation
- Partner with management team to identify and implement existing and new pipeline features/Artist tools, UI and Rigs
- Troubleshoot artist tool issues; develop effective solutions in collaboration with pipeline team
- Support Production team; attend production meetings as needed for information and requirements gathering
- Write Technical Briefs and provide supporting documentation to studio teams
- Identifies early areas of improvement; escalates issues as needed
- Run shots and support various tasks assigned as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience is an asset
- BA Computer Science, Math, or similar discipline (preferred)
- Hair/Cloth simulation experience in VFX feature films or similar development environment
- Demo Reel demonstrates photo-realistic examples
- Maya, Python, Mel Script (required)
- Experience working with Maya API
- Soup Maya (BONUS to have experience)
- C++, Max/Max Script (preferred)
- Experience delivering complete milestones/tasks under tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Eye for detail, initiative, and excellent organizational skills
- Team player who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Learn quickly with strong troubleshooting/problem-solving abilities
HOW TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION STAND OUT
- APPLY ONLY ONCE.
We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes or unless you're applying for a different position.
- ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL
We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file. That way you're not lost in the system.
- Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
- Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself and what makes you the ideal candidate.
- Reel Breakdown - demonstrates what you did on each shot and the tools used - Go ahead! Show off your talent/skills here.