CLOTH/HAIR ARTIST - VAN
Follow us on LinkedIn for job board updates.
Reporting to the Cloth/Hair leadership, the Cloth/Hair Artist delivers photo-realistic, high quality production hair/cloth simulation and other realistic 3D visual effects.
- Running simulations for shot production; trouble shooting and providing revision based on Supervisor/Client feedback
- Shot modeling and/or cleaning existing hair/cloth simulations
- Support pipeline animation principles, timing and departmental interdependencies
- Communicate and partner with department on an ongoing basis regarding updates, changes and general status updates
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience is an asset
- 2+ years Hair/Cloth simulation experience in VFX feature films or similar production environment
- Demo Reel demonstrates photo-realistic examples
- Maya, Python, Mel Script (BONUS to have)
- Experience delivering complete milestones/tasks under tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Eye for detail and high quality VFX, initiative, and excellent organizational skills
- Team player who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Learn quickly with strong trouble shooting/problem solving abilities
HOW TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION STAND OUT
- APPLY ONLY ONCE.
We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes or unless you're applying for a different position.
- ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL
We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file. That way you're not lost in the system.
- Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
- Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself and what makes you the ideal candidate.
- Reel Breakdown - demonstrates what you did on each shot and the tools used - Go ahead! Show off your talent/skills here.